October 10, 2008

Unnecessary death - 7:30 report

Check out this story from last night's 7:30 report. (Thanks Maia for the link). It's about a young guy from Bulman who shot himself while being hunted down by police. I know of most of the people quoted in the report. Reading it made me very sad and angry. Awful stuff like this happens far too much around here. I only heard a bit about this story when it happened so I'm glad it's come to light a little. I really hope we learn to do things better one day. Sorry to the family.

4 comments:

Hooch said...

Thanks for putting this up here Wamut. It's such a tragedy. I'm sorry to the family too. I hope their enquiry gets somewhere.

Eugene said...

It was odd how they didn't mention the community by name. People interstate (or even outside of the area) wouldn't know it but I was wondering if there was any other reason.

bulanjdjan said...

Yeah, it is weird they don't name the community, especially given they name all of the people they interview, the deceased, etc.

Anonymous said...

Bulanjdjan Maïa said:
The name of the community is omitted so systematically that, in my view, it has to be a community request that it is not named. Maybe just a way of ensuring/making oneself feel that the familly still has control over the flow of information...